Saturday, August 22, 2009

Harvest Prep Step 1

Where did the summer go? The state fair has came and gone and ditches and waterways are getting mowed-the signs that always indicate to me that harvest is near. Add to that the farm progress show in Decatur, IL is coming up in a couple weeks and the juices are starting to flow.

I spent about 10 hours mowing this past week, and about the same working on the combine and trucks. If I had to guess now I would say we will have a little to start on the Sat after Labor day-but with the cool year havest probably won't hit full steam until the later 1/3 of Sept.

Mowing always makes things look nice, so I did get out and grab a few pictures of the crops.






This next week will probably bring more of the same, there is a 50 years of progress show which has a lot of the 50 year old equipment out and running-I hope to get some pics there and will post, and the following week farm progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment